Skip to main content
- As the “first face” of American Trust Insurance, the Agency Assistant needs to create a welcome environment, through kindness and sincerity, when answering the phone or greeting customers.
- Always greets callers and visitors with a warm smile; helpful to the needs of staff and visitors; takes pride in the agency’s physical appearance; driven by fairness; passionate about follow-up; organized; predicts rather than reacts.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Answers incoming calls within three rings, positively and warmly.
- Directs callers and walk-in traffic to appropriate people.
- Offers refreshments and other comforts to all visitors.
- Returns to on-hold calls every 45 seconds, asking caller to keep holding or forward to voicemail/leave a message.
- Active in every call group in phone system.
- Perform open and closing duties of the office area at designated times.
- Complete document scanning daily.
- Process customer payments: physical deposits, payments not requiring reinstatement
- Maintains a neat, attractive office area.
- Process centralized mail—incoming and outgoing.
- Collects, date-stamps, and distribute daily mail to appropriate party.
- Assist with projects as needed including printing documents, assembling proposals, policies and preparing documentation as directed.
- Assists Account Executives and Account Managers as needed to take first reports of claims.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma; college degree preferred.