- Develop and implement sales strategies, which result in achieving (or exceeding) new sales goals.
- Actively generate new sales leads through community activities, association meetings and qualified sales calls.
- Proactively sell personal lines insurance policies.
- Fully review and analyze the risk, quote with applicable company(ies) and include additional unrequested coverages, in the final sales proposal for presentation to customer/prospect.
- Partner with appropriate internal team members and/or experts on exposure, risk, and appropriate coverages.
- Handle call-in, walk-in and/or referral customers/prospects as needed and in a timely manner.
- Input customer or prospect application and/or account data into management system.
- Review 90 day expiration list including calling on those customers as needed to review coverages and/or up sell additional coverages as applicable.
- Educate customers on agency payment, cancellation policies and claims procedures.
- Create and maintain personal lines account activities and handle follow up on a timely basis.
- Review monthly cancellation reports and create activity to contact insured 90 days prior to next expiration date.
- Works with potential cancellations to retain the business, per agency procedures and standards.
- Works with company underwriters to retain cancellations and remarket accounts as needed.
- Complete customer policy changes and endorsement requests.
- Collaborate with account management team to manage growing book of business.
- Maintain relationship with clients and their business needs, addressing changes as needed and delivering their annual review documents.
- Attend all sales related activities, promoting positive attitude in support of all agency changes and/or growth.
- Promote the agency and the insurance industry in the community.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess sales skills and utilize a sales process that will meet goals.
- Knowledge and ability for ongoing learning of a variety of industry exposures and risk.
- Capable of exercising discretion, in confidential matters, and using independent judgement.
- Communicate well with persons at all levels of authority in writing or verbally.
- Comfortable with public speaking engagements.
- Ability to learn and utilize advanced technology, such as Applied EPIC, with job functions.
- Ability to learn and follow our sales processes and procedures.
- Ability to provide own, reliable transportation.
- High School Diploma; college degree preferred.
- Active state specific Property Casualty Insurance agent license.
- Send resume to email@example.com